Sunday 2 June 2013

150,000 page views!



So here we are already six months into the year; my goodness where does the time go?  It would appear that earlier in the week this humble web log, known simply as '28mm Victorian Warfare' has notched up 150,000 page views, I feel that it is incumbent on me to offer my heartfelt thanks, especially to those that take the time to leave a comment or two, your support and encouragement is continually welcomed.  I'm afraid there is no exhaustive giveaway this time, this latest milestone coming so quickly after the second anniversary celebrations, but that is not to say we won't be fully embracing the concept in future months.

On the discussion of giveaways, and if free stuff is your bag, then I strongly advise you pop over to James Brewerton's, 'Exiles Wargames Painter',  which is celebrating its third anniversary later this month in an incredibly generous manner.



So what can you expect from '28mm Victorian Warfare' in the second half of 2013?  Well looking at the painting queue not an awful lot of Victorian Warfare, that said there are still one or two items that were prepped in readiness for the 'Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge' that I am desperate to finish, but the rest is looking decidedly off-topic!



As a Christmas present I treated myself to Crooked Dice's '7ombieTV' rules including the 'Ghouls and Colleges', supplement.  This looks like is a hugely entertaining take on the world of the undead and I'm having a lot of fun sourcing and converting miniatures to represent a 'St. Trinians' style group of survivors.  The intention is to play one of the scenarios, renamed 'The Battle of the Lower Hockey Pitch', sometime over the long summer holiday, but in order for this to happen a certain amount of terrain building will need to be completed first, the component parts of which have been winging their way to 'Awdry Towers' over this last week.




"What of 'In Her Majesty's Name'?", I hear you ask, well this seems to have been pushed back a little.  I've read through the rules and they do seem relatively straightforward, but one thing at a time, thinks I! There are a couple of the splendid miniatures that are calling to me form the periphery of the lead pile, so expect a guest appearance or two in the coming months.



The second half of the year would appear to be all about fun; fun in the most frivolous and non sequential manner, after all it's my hobby I can do what I want surely?  So once again a huge thank you to those that stop by and I hope that you will not be too thrown by the somewhat eclectic and quite possibly eccentric nature of what is to come!


"Did someone say Dinosaurs?"


67 comments:

  1. Congrats on 150K! I know I have enjoyed every visit. Looking forward to your future projects.
    Rod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rod, that is most kind of you to say so.

      Delete
  2. A huge and hearty congrats on the 150k Sir Michael! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. drat - hit send, rather than enter.

      Sounds like a fun 7ombie TV scenario, but I think even zombies know to steer well clear of that "educational" establishment ;)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Tamsin, it just goes to prove Zombies are not that smart!

      Delete
  3. Congratulation Michael
    Greetings
    Vincent .

    ReplyDelete
  4. That'a a big number you have hit and you deserve the hits having one of the best blogs out there I think

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ian, thank you so much that is too kind. I certainly didn't expect to have reached so many milestones when I first set out with the blog.

      Delete
  5. Well done Sir M, congratulations to all at Audry Towers, I'm sure Good Queen Vic would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Michael. That's truly impressive, though well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratz on another great milestone
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you James, they seem to have all come together lately.

      Delete
  8. Well done on such a milestone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, many more to come, I hope,

      Delete
  9. Bravo, Michael. Always a pleasure to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats for the 150k, and for your projects!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, now if I could just finish one of them!

      Delete
  11. big congrats on so many views!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dezmond, that is very nice of you.

      Delete
  12. Congrats! And looks like some very fun stuff on the horizon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, it's all about fun this summer.

      Delete
  13. Congrats on the milestone Michael, well deserved and especially looking forward to the St.Trinians mob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Francis, looking forward to starting them myself, but as usual there is a lot of other bits and pieces to finish off first.

      Delete
  14. Congrats on reaching a milestone and you deserve it!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christopher, I've certainly enjoyed maintaining the blog these past couple of years.

      Delete
  15. Rock on friend I do like you blog and your figure painting, wel its sublime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir, that is really kind of you to say so and very encouraging to hear.

      Delete
  16. Congratulations ol' boy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well deserved - I know many of those will be me seeking further inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you, but it is very much a two way street Sir.

      Delete
  18. Congrats Michael on reaching 150K!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A well deserved milestone Old Bean. Now if you need any uniform research on the St Trinian's project, I'm sure I can spare an afternoon or two!!!

    Pip pip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do worry about you! Thank you though for your continued support and encouragement.

      Delete
  20. Congratulations Sir Michael. The great thing about your blog is that I never know what you're going to do next and the fact that you do it so well is a bonus.

    Dinosaurs, dinosaurs? Please, please, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, I value you support immensely although I'm not always sure what is coming next - dinosaurs would be good though!

      Delete
  21. Hip, hip, HUZZAH!

    I'm looking forward to your jolly hockeysticks take on the coming Zombie Apocalypse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ben; the hockey sticks should definitely be fun!

      Delete
  22. HUGE congratulations, Michael. Put simply, I love your blog. Zombies AND St Trinians? Inspired, Sir,.....quite simply inspired. And even the very best of things can be improved by adding dinosaurs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sidney thank you so very much for those kind words of encouragement, it really means a lot to me.

      Delete
  23. Congrats mate, no other blog is more worthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is incredibly kind of you Scott, thank you.

      Delete
  24. Congratulations mate, I'm not surprised I spend a fair amount of time ogling your lovely figures for reference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr Smillie, I'm thrilled to hear you say that.

      Delete
  25. Hearty congratulations, Michael. Some very interesting projects on the horizon too. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dean, certainly looking forward to the second half of the year.

      Delete
  26. Congratulations Michael! This is one of the best blogs ever. Next up Dinosaur ridding zombie survivors, sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robert that is too kind Sir, but I thank you nonetheless and also for your inspired idea!

      Delete
  27. Congrats on the 150K mate! Always keen to see what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Millsy always a pleasure to have you drop by.

      Delete
  28. Well done on the 150K Michael!

    Remember 'Everything is More Cool with Dinosaurs!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edwin and I couldn't agree more. ;)

      Delete
    2. Inspired by you, I splashed out 20p on dinosaurs at my local charity shop this morning! (I passed on the giant scorpion).

      I think they go rather nicely with the big game hunters I've been painting this week...

      Delete
    3. At 20p I'm not surprised you found them hard to resist, perfect sport for the discerning Gentleman!

      Delete
  29. Congratulations Michael...thats a mighty big number

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Captain, I always appreciate your support.

      Delete
  30. Thank you Andrew, I've always had a soft spot for a dinosaur so I'm sure that I can shoehorn them in somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Michael,

    many congrats for this sonic wall!
    Each and every hit is well deserved.

    I'm curiously looking forward to see IHMN stuff from you. ;-)

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stefan, I really most to get grips with the IHMN goodies - so much to do, so little time.

      Delete
  32. Congratulations but it's hardly surprising given the quality of your work sir! Well done and KBO (keep blogging on)!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh My God Michael, 150000 views that is simply amazing. Congratulations there and here's to many more

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats Michael! Up to the next 50k!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://www.peterscave.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...