Wednesday 22 February 2012

Jolly Good Chaps!

Well the wheels have well and truly come off my good intentions for the year as I find myself wonderfully distracted by these gentlemen from 'Copplestone Castings'.  I could square this away by saying that they are the latest folly to be influenced by my reading habits but the truth of the matter is that there is all manner of curiosities taking their their place in the painting queue; I think we just need to see where this takes one!


I think the first thing to say is how taken I am with 'Copplestone' whose service and quality of work are tremendous.  There two are from the 'Jolly Good Chaps' and 'Armed Archeologists' sets and picked out because of their 'Britishness' and resolute stiff upper lip; Colonel Fawcett would be proud I'm sure.

So it's off to the last remaining undiscovered area of the map for these gentlemen and who knows what they will they find?  Stay tuned for more instalments from

 '28mm Tales of Adventure'.

19 comments:

  1. Nicely done, they look great!
    I'm a big fan of Copplestone, I really enjoy the sculpting style and detail of the minis: just enough detail for interest, without being covered in detail for the sake of detail -which I suspect a lot of mini companies do, kind of a 'add more detail so people feel like they get their money's worth, which misses the point completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work. I particularly like the chap on the right's woollen socks (and sticking out ears).

    regards WW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice brushwork!

    I'd be interested in what colours you went for with the chap on the top right?

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir! I wish that I'd written down the combination when I did them. Just had a rummage through the paints and I'm fairly shore that it started as khaki, then mixed with stone grey with additional highlights. The trousers again stated with German Cammo. bright green again highlighted with golden olive.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Michael.

      I'm afraid that I'm also guilty of forgetting exactly what colours I've been using. I was once in the habit of writing everthing down but that only seems to apply to my customers now.....

      Darrell.

      Delete
  4. Exceptional! Your highlighting and choice of colours is top!!!
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent painting there Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done sir. Copplestone is a great sculptor If I had the money I'd buy it all if I could

    ReplyDelete
  7. two beauties, really great painting, love the tie and the lug'oles!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all, really pleased with these and great fun to do. Looking forward to more 'Copplestone' distractions

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful painting that has really brought the character of these two to life. Top draw old boy.

    I thought for a second you had joined the VBCW revolution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite given into VBCW yet, but it's awfully tempting if you get to work with miniatures like these.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes you can and other too like Ironclads VSF range.

      Delete
  10. Beautifully done, love the striped tie detail too. And the facial expressions are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent painted figures. And I really like the shading and blacklining.

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. These really are Jolly Good Chaps, superb painting on the figures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...