Saturday 4 June 2011

Dinosaurs in a tube!

Having had an incredibly busy month at work, painting and ‘posting’ has taken an inevitable hit so I was rather looking forward to a few days of ‘me’ time recently.  Imagine my horror as I was informed that we were heading into the Sunshine Coast’s mighty metropolis in search of a ball gown for the good lady wife!  As many of you know there are no winners on such a shopping adventure so took every opportunity to sneak off and pick up one or two things that were on my list.  So it was that I found myself in ‘Poundland’.  As the name would suggest this is a shop that sells everything at a pound and is quite frankly the strangest shop in town in so much as the clientele is as varied as the stock list.  I was hoping to pick up some household filler that comes in a handy 330g tube when I came across these. 
For some reason, unbeknownst to my inner child, I found myself heading to the counter with the prehistoric beasties under my arm, convinced that I was going to be able to something with them and I’m sure I will in the fullness of time, perhaps some form of objective marker in a Victorian based adventure game!  They seem to only have the Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus in stock, but what more would you want?  These were the only two dinosaurs I was interested in as a child.
The plastic is a little flimsy and they have been painted with a crackle glaze effect but perhaps a nice coat of varnish might sort them out, but then again what do you expect for a pound!

Just for scale the plucky Victorian lady adventurer is 28mm. 


4 comments:

  1. I like the picture. I have seen several other dino fossil terrain project and may have to build a few for myself.

    ColKG

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must let me know how you get on, I could do with some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool minis! I've linked you in my article about dino skeletons - https://alkony.enerla.net/english/the-nexus/miniatures-nexus/miniature/miniature-creature/miniatures-animal-skeletons-from-webstores

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these accurate to 28mm scale or are they too large?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...